Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{Recipes} Meatball Sub Casserole


I recently made this yummy little game day meal when I had my parents over for dinner and to watch a Sunday football game. I'd pinned it on Pinterest a while ago but was saving it for a game night dinner.

It was pretty darn good and the absolute best part? Soooooo sooo easy. You know me...if it's not easy, I'm not making it ;-}

I paired my casserole with potato salad and a big green salad.

::Meatball Sub Casserole::

Ingredients:
- 1 package frozen meatballs, bite sized
- 1 package onion and bell pepper frozen stirfry mix, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 French baguette, thinly sliced
- EVOO

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice baguette and brush each piece with EVOO. Line baguette (oil side up) in the bottom and sides of your casserole dish (okay to overlap a little).
3. Bake bread for about 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
4. In a separate bowl, mix meatballs, pepper and onion mix, and spaghetti sauce.
5. Remove bread from oven and spoon meatball mixture into dish and on top of bread.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until throughly heated through center.
7. At 25 minutes, pull casserole out and add mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or so.
8. ENJOY!

**Check out my Game Day board on Pinterest for more food and party inspiration for your football Sundays this fall.
**LOVE the fall but it's already flying by. We have lots to accomplish on our Fall Bucket List & To Do List before baby #2 arrives mid-November ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment