Friday, July 6, 2012

{Holiday} The Fourth


I hope ya'll had a wonderful Independence Day! I was loving all of the cute 4th of July ideas from Pinterest this year and decided to make this little dessert. Brownie fruit kabobs -- yummmm and how simple? Instead of skewers, I slid the berries and brownies on striped and dotty party straws for some added cuteness. I would recommend using larger chunks of brownies as mine were starting to fall apart because of the thickness of the straw.

Although I forgot to snap my own picture, I also made this salad for the 4th {also found on Pinterest}. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the combination of the watermelon and tomatoes, but it was surprisingly refreshing.

**Officially finished with grad school and the newest school counselor on the block {no job but that's on hold anyway b/c of baby #2}! You have no idea how relieved I am and the huge weight that has been lifted from my shoulders. PHEW!
**I celebrated my 35th birthday the day after the 4th of July -- WHAT? WHAT? 35? Where has time gone....?
**TGIF and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment