Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Recipes} Lasagna Roll-ups


Good Morning! Since it has become increasingly difficult for me to meet my girlfriends out during the week for girls' nights, I hosted a small dinner at my house last night. Last year, Dean was in bed by 6:30pm, and I could easily put him down and still get to a restaurant by 7pm {every once in a while}. Now, my little sweetie doesn't hit the hay until 7:30-8pm, and after not seeing him all day, I'm reluctant to leave him again until after I put him to bed. Combine that with my hubby's later work schedule and grad school once a week and the girls' nights just aren't happenin'. So, I've had to re-adjust a bit and host my girls at my home.

I decided to make these little lasagna roll-ups...if they're not the cutest darn things I don't know what is {not a great pic...sorry!}. So easy and delicious! I served them with a green salad, crusty bread, red wine & let's not forget dessert...homemade cookie ice-cream sammies {one of my simplest yet most delicious go-to desserts}.

Ingredients:
~ 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
~ 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
~ 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese {I used lite instead of fat-free}
~ 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
~ 1 egg
~ S & P to taste
~ 32 oz tomato sauce
~ 9 tbsp {about 3 oz} part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, & salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
5. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
6. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
7. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese melts.
**Makes 9 rolls.
8. To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.

ENJOY this cozy little meal! It's healthy too!

**Another quick, easy and tasty meal coming soon.
**Recipe via Pinterest...click here for source.

2 comments:

  1. Great way of making single-serve portions for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of that, Lissa, but great idea!

    ReplyDelete