Friday, December 23, 2011

{Gifts} Neighborhood Cheer


Each Christmas I try to deliver a little something to my neighbors for the holiday. I feel extremely fortunate to be surrounded by a great group of people, young and old, and like to show my appreciation for them.

This year I filled jars with homemade chocolate peanut clusters. I found the jars at TJ Maxx for $1.99 each {not bad} and the clusters are an old favorite that couldn't be easier to make. If you're a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter like we are in this house, then I think you'll find these quite addicting. Here's the recipe:

:: Chocolate Peanut Clusters ::

Ingredients:
~ 24 ounce package almond bark {I have only been able to find this in Walmart}
~ 11 ounce package of chocolate chips
~ 1 1/2 pounds Planter's cocktail peanuts

Directions:
1. In a heavy skillet over low heat, melt almond bark. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring until thoroughly mixed.
2. Add peanuts, stirring constantly. Mixture should be heavy with nuts.
3. Spread wax paper on counter and drop clusters by the tablespoon.
4. After clusters cool enough to retain shape, store in a cool place or refrigerate.
5. ENJOY!


I added a little pop of color to the jars by tying some simple red & white baker's twine around each {addicted to twine!}.


Lastly, I digitally created a simple little tag to fit on top of the jar. I used double-sided tape to attach the tag, so it would be easy to remove for my neighbors.

**Click here to view the recipe for the peppermint bark I made last year for my neighbors. Another yummy & easy recipe!
**Just in case you're in need of a few last minute gifts, check out my GIFTING board on Pinterest. It's full of cute little gift ideas for neighbors, co-workers, friends, etc.
**Speaking of gifts, I'm finally ALL SET for this weekend. Can't wait for the fun that awaits us on Christmas morning!
**Wishing you and yours a BLESSED & JOYOUS Christmas. See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment