Friday, October 28, 2011

{Parties} She's the APPLE of My Eye


Maura Kate's "Apple of My Eye" first birthday party was last weekend at my parents' home. Maura was adorable, and it was really fun helping my sister with her party. Becky served all delicious brunch foods since the party started at 10:30 am {french toast casserole, egg casserole, fresh fruit, donuts, etc}. We also had a little station set up for the kiddies with cereal & milk.


To tie in with the theme, the cereal was "Apple" Cinnamon Cheerios.


My sister also made a really yummy vanilla poundcake with homemade frosting. I created some cake toppers by making rolled flowers from fabric and attaching them to skewer sticks with hot glue. So cute & easy -- just stick the skewers in the cake where you want them.


I really wanted to ice the cake for my sister and try these cute swirls I practiced a few months before, but after working a full day on Friday and then attending a grad class that same evening, it would have been tough. The cake looked adorable though and tasted even better!


In the dining room and out of reach of any little hands, I helped Becky set up a simple dessert display. We used an old window as the backdrop, attached an apple garland and arranged some apple props and desserts on the table.


I made the apple garland by drawing an apple freehand, tracing it on textured scrapbook paper, making a little stem and then attaching the whole thing to a piece of ribbon with double-side tape.


We had one of Maura's invites on display along with some faux green apples on a two tiered pedestal tray {Dean has taken many a bite out of those apples when on display at my house -- ha!}.


Caramel "apple" taffies...


...were favors for the guests. We wrapped them in clear bags and tied with ribbon for easy transporting.


On the bottom of the sideboard, we had additional apple taffies in a basket with a little "thank you" sign from Maura. In addition, a sweet pic of the birthday girl I had taken this summer in OBX was on display in a pretty white frame I found for $6 at TJ. Also, a large faux moss apple I snagged on sale at Crate & Barrel accompanied the other items on display.


Lastly, I made thank you cards to coordinate with the theme and invites for Bec to send out to her guests after the party.

**You can now purchase the "Apple of My Eye" collection digitally {see right sidebar under Let's Party}!
**Home from Vegas and a tad jetlagged, but my husband & I had a FABULOUS time together exploring a very exciting city. Some pics & details soon...
**Focusing my energies on Thanksgiving entertaining now, which will be here before we know it!
**TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment