Tuesday, September 20, 2011

{Decorating} Lanterns


Although not official yet, fall feels like it's in full swing, and I'm feeling very ready to decorate my home for the season. I started with the outside this past weekend. I lean toward a simplistic decorating style, so mums and pumpkins usually do it for me, but this year I was on the hunt for something else -- lanterns.

Home Goods is my go-to store whenever I am looking for home decor. I found a HUGE lantern that was perfect for my porch steps for $29.99. You don't even want to know how much very similar lanterns were going for at Pottery Barn this past weekend....


Then I bought some large pillar candles and sat them atop upside down vases to give them even more height {this lantern is very tall!}. Lastly, I added some fall leaves and twirled them around the candles to hide the upside down vases.

It looks really cute and festive at night when it's lit, and it adds a whole new element to my front porch and compliments the mums and pumpkins without being too much. I plan on using lanterns at Christmas too since I'm having a love affair with them at the present moment ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment