Friday, July 22, 2011

{TGIF} Grateful


Just needed a little reminder since...

...yesterday was quite a day around here. Let me back up a bit...for the last few months, we have allowed Ginger {our 2 year old Beagle} free reign of the downstairs when we are not home. She also sleeps downstairs on her doggie bed at night. This is a huge change because for more than two years {since we adopted her at 3 months of age} she has been crated. She has handled her newfound freedom like a champ, and I'm starting to trust her. WAS starting to trust her I should say. I came downstairs yesterday at 6am for some quiet time before the rest of the house awoke, and G had so graciously peed all over my storage bench cushion {and one of my new pillows}. GREAT. It took a while, but eventually, it all came up fine and the cover on the pillow was machine washable. Phew...

**She has been getting spooked at night when we let her out for one last pee and now in retrospect, I realize she probably isn't going to the bathroom. The dog is a Beagle for goodness sake -- she's supposed to be a born hunter. Ya know -- tough...brave. Well, we just have to laugh because she's such a scaredy cat {definitely would be a gun shy hunter, that's for sure ;-}

Not more than 20 minutes later, I walk into my sweet boy's room after hearing him crying on the monitor, and I smell something. Puke. It was everywhere. The sheets, the crib, the floor, the beautiful WHITE pique bumper from PBK, his blanket, book, stuffed animal and HIM. Ughh. My poor boy. Into the tub he went and thankfully, my hubby was able to stay home for a little while so I could clean up the aftermath. I did four loads of laundry and everything came up good as new except for my favorite -- the bumper. Dang...

THANKFULLY, it was a minor bug. No more puking, normal behavior, no temperature, etc so we just rested his belly a little, laid low for the day, and he's feeling much, much better now.

**If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be cleaning up someone else's puke willingly, I'd have laughed at you. But then again, I'd give my own life for my child, so what's a little throw-up anyway?
**The shore sounds better than ever right now {anything sounds better than ever after yesterday though ;-} Thankfully we're taking off in about 2 hours -- I'm ready for a little R&R with my boys.
**I AM grateful for this day {and even yesterday} for many, many reasons.
**TGIF! {I'm in summer mode and therefore have slacked on my DIY posts -- be back next week!}

2 comments:

  1. Glad your little man is all better! Try mixing some Oxy-Clean powder with water and applying the solution directly to the stains on the bumper pad. Let it sit for a couple of hours before you wash it again. This once took some black oil out of a pair of white, denim shorts (even after they had already been placed in the dryer). Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip, Lisa! I will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete