Monday, July 11, 2011

{Pinterest} M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E


Good Morning! I recently had a sLd reader email me requesting some party inspiration for her son's upcoming Mickey party. Rather than sending links for everything, I found it much easier to create a board on Pinterest {links automatically appear}.

Although I have not thrown my own Mickey or Minnie party, after searching for inspiration, I found that a party with this theme could easily be thrown on a budget. If you can draw a circle, you can create tons of Mickey/Minnie party props -- banners, invitations, cupcake toppers, centerpiece sticks, etc, etc, etc. And red and black with polka dots is an easy-to-find color scheme. Fabric and ribbon in these colors could add that little something extra and really dress up a party with this theme.

Polka Dot Market, Bake it Pretty, and Shop Sweet Lulu are three online party stores that I have purchased party supplies from, and they all sell adorable dotty and striped party extras like balloons, staws, cups, plates, cupcake liners, gable boxes, and favor bags just to name a few.

Lisa, I hope my M.I.C.K.E.Y Mouse pinboard will give you just enough inspiration to get your creative juices flowing! Have fun planning your party!

**Creating this board really put me in the Disney spirit. I'd LOVE to plan a Disney trip in the near future. Dean would love it!

1 comment:

  1. This was terrific! Thank you so much. I got some really great ideas for invitations, Mickey oreos, and goodies to send home with the kiddies! Also, this tuned me in to Pinterest. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete