Wednesday, July 6, 2011

{Holiday} 4th of July Sweets & Treats


Good Morning! We are still settling back into our summer routine over here after spending an absolutely wonderful holiday weekend at the shore with my husband's family. I wanted to quickly share some easy 4th of July sweets we enjoyed over this weekend.

We watched the fireworks show on the 4th from my in-laws front deck, and I made everyone a little fireworks treat to enjoy during the show. I was inspired by a pic I came across on Pinterest for this one. All I did was tie a few twizzlers together with sparkly stems {aka pipecleaners} in patriotic colors. It doesn't get any easier than that!


I think one of the easiest and most festive 4th of July desserts is layered strawberries, blueberries, pound cake and coolwhip. Again, super simple and so adorable! I actually made my husband and I these little minis as a treat before we left for the shore. So yummy!


Of course my hubby laughed when he saw the little decoration I added to the top. He said, "Hmmm, blog post?" Haha -- he knows me just a little too well!


Quick weekend recap:: My favorite part of going to the beach is not going to beach at all actually -- we take the boat out to Champagne Island {just a short boatride away} early in the morning and have the entire place to ourselves for hours. It's pure bliss! My angel face {and his sister Ginger -- woof woof} have a blast running all over the place.


My 34th birthday {YIKES} was yesterday, so we celebrated on the 4th at the shore with Bo's family and will be celebrating with my family tonight. Dean helped me blow out my birthday candles.

**Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!
**DIY projects coming SOON {currently working on them}!

No comments:

Post a Comment