Tuesday, July 19, 2011

{DIY} Fabric Wall Art


I've been on a coral {a pretty cross between pink & orange} kick lately -- it's such a beautiful color and especially looks pretty in the summer.

Enter my upstairs bathroom and the big empty wall that stares me down every morning. It definitely was in need of a little dressing up, so combine that need with my love of coral and you've got yourself some fabric wall art.

Materials ::
1. Fabric quarters from Joann's -- ~ $1.50 each
2. Textured scrapbook paper -- ~$.75
3. 3 of my favorite frames from IKEA called FJALLSTA {who comes up with these crazy names anyway???} -- $12.99 each

Total cost for wall art = $43


Rather than search for pictures, which can be pretty pricey, I was able to customize my wall art to my taste by just adding fabric to frames. Not to mention it was a quick and simple DIY project.


I also added some fabric wall art in my family room this past spring. I used the larger FJALLSTA frame and some fabric I had already purchased from Joann's and had used as a spring table runner in my dining room. It compliments the splashes of turquoise in the cushion top on our built-in storage bench.

**If you're a DIY girl too, check out some of the fun DIY projects I've compiled on Pinterest. I'll be adding to this board as I find different projects I like and want to try.
**Up next on the DIY front? A gallery picture wall -- it's in the very early stages {and I mean very very early ;-}
**Back to coral for a minute -- I'm hosting a girls night next week for some old high school friends, and it's going to be all about CORAL! Stay tuned! If you missed my coral & gray pinboard, check it out! Some pretty inspiration if you love this gorgeous color too!

3 comments:

  1. My toes have been coral all summer long. I found an Essie color that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great color?! I think I'm going coral with my next pedicure ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. just borrowed your idea for my downstairs bathroom in navy and yellow! thanks friend.... Love ya! xoxox, Tina

    ReplyDelete