Monday, June 27, 2011

{Sweets} Banana Cream Pie Minis


My hubby loves banana cream pie -- he requests it anytime I make dessert. I had planned on making "banana cream pie minis" for Father's Day, but I never got around to it {one too many glasses of wine the night before may have had something to do with it -- ooops ;-}.

Now that I'm a stay-at-home mama for the summer {YAY -- loving every second of it!}, I have a little more time, and made these minis for my hubby the other night. Super easy and a fairly low-fat treat!

Ingredients:
~ 1 box vanilla pudding
~ 1 tub fat free coolwhip
~ Nilla wafers
~ Banana, sliced
~ Stemless wine glass {or any other glass -- wine, martini, etc}
** Optional** Chopped candy pieces {Baby Ruth, Snickers, etc}

Directions:
1. Prepare pudding according to directions on box.
2. Layer bottom of glass with pudding. Next add some coolwhip.
3. Arrange Nilla wafers around inside perimeter of glass.
4. Add another layer of pudding & coolwhip.
5. Arrange bananas around inside perimeter of glass.
6. If room, do another layer of pudding & coolwhip, making sure coolwhip is your last layer {you can throw some more bananas in there too -- I did!}.
7. Add one last Nilla wafer on top for garnish & chopped candy pieces if desired.
**Makes approximately 6 minis**
8. Serve & enjoy!

**I had some leftover pudding, so I made Dean some old-school pudding pops with some popsicle molds I bought from Target's dollar bins ;-}
**I posted a super easy banana cream pie recipe a looonnnggg time ago -- check it out if you'd rather make a whole pie instead of the minis.
**While we're on the subject, if you're a fan of bananas, you might be interested in my cute banana splits too -- they are a great summer treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment