Thursday, March 17, 2011

{St. Patrick's Day} Shamrockin' Dessert!


Top o' the mornin' to ya'll! I have a festive St. Patty's dessert idea to share {I made these the other night for a girls' night}. It was ridiculously easy -- I layered brownies, chocolate pudding, and coolwhip in footed glasses. You could also layer in some crushed oreos too or anything else you wanted.

Taking inspiration from TomKat's adorable St. Patty's wreath {never did get around to making it}, I simply cut burlap {which I already had in my fabric trunk} in thin strips, tied it around each glass and tucked a sparkly shamrock I bought from Joann's Fabric store in the knot. Then I added little toppers to each dessert by gluing green embellishment balls leftover from some Christmas crafts to a lollipop stick and then sticking them in the middle of each dessert. PIECE OF CAKE!


**You could make this kind of dessert for any occasion. Not to mention, they'd look fabulous on a dessert/sweets table. I'm thinking poundcake, strawberries, blueberries and coolwhip for July 4th. Or red and green jello with coolwhip for Christmas. Ooooohhhh, the possibilities are endless. Kiddies would love these simple dessert treats too!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment