Thursday, March 31, 2011

{Invitations} Ticket


I recently was asked to create something for a family member who is surprising her husband with a fly fishing trip to Montana. I don't know what fly fishing is but a trip of any sort sounds good to me right about now ;-} Apparantly Doug's had many a drunkin' rant and rave about wanting to take a trip like this, so for his 50th birthday, Mel finally took the plunge and booked a guys' vaca for him. She'll be surprising him with this tomorrow {April Fool's Day -- oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall for this one!}.

When we initially spoke about this, she handed me a ton of flyers explaining the trip details and just wanted me to put something together. Ummmm hello -- pressure! I didn't have a ton of time to work on this, but I thought it might be fun and appropriate to create a big ticket with some of the trip details. Then I rolled all the paperwork Mel had given me and tied each bundle with ribbon. Lastly, I used scrapbook papers to make a very large turquoise blue envelope to hold everything.

I can't wait to hear about how her surprise reveal goes and wishing Doug a very happy 50th and a fabulous guys' getaway!

**IN like a lion & OUT like a lion -- what the heck, March?!

No comments:

Post a Comment