Tuesday, December 21, 2010

{Recipes} BBQ Chicken Casserole


Casseroles are one of my favorite dinners to make during the week when I'm working. I can prepare them the night before and just pop them in the oven when I get home. Easy! I made this BBQ Chicken Casserole last night for my family and had plenty left over for lunches. Recipe compliments of my sissy.

Ingredients:
~ 2-3 chicken breasts, steamed or cooked
~ 1/4 cup onion, diced
~ 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
~ 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
~ 1 can tomato sauce
~ 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
~ 1/4 bag frozen white corn
~ 1 package corn bread mix
~ S & P to taste

Directions:
1. After steaming or cooking the chicken, cut into cubes.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, saute diced onion and pepper in a little EVOO until softened. Add chicken, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, drained beans and S & P. Cook on medium until hot throughout {about 8-10 minutes}. Add corn and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add more S & P if needed.
3. Pour hot mixture into a greased casserole dish.
4. Prepare corn bread as directed on box and spoon over casserole evenly.
5. Bake in oven about 25-30 minutes until cornbread is cooked.

I paired this with a fresh green salad.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment