Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{Recipes} Tortellini, Tomato & Spinach


I made another one of my mom's soups tonight, and I must say, it's my new favorite. I LOVE it, and I have plenty left over for lunches this week. Good thing because tomorrow is going to be rainy and cold, which is PERFECT soup weather ;-}

Ingredients:
~ 1 large vidalia onion, diced
~ 1 tsp minced garlic
~ 1 bag baby spinach
~ 2 cans diced tomatoes {I used one can diced and one can stewed}
~ 2 bags cheese tortellini
~ 2 boxes chicken shortcuts {I used a 22oz bag of Perdue grilled chicken strips}
~ 2 large cans or boxes of chicken broth
~ paremsan cheese
~ EVOO

Directions:
1. In a stock pot, saute diced onion in EVOO until translucent. Add garlic {just for a minute}.
2. Add the broth, tomatoes, and chicken {cut chix into smaller pieces}. Bring to a low boil for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Next, add the tortelli and cook for about 10-15, or until tortellini is cooked.
4. Turn down heat and add spinach until it wilts {will not take long for this to happen}.
5. Turn heat off so tortellini does not get mushy.
6. Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top of soup and serve.
7. YUM...ENJOY!

Not only delicious, but this is also a quick and easy soup, which might just be my VERY favorite thing about it ;-}

2 comments:

  1. i made this tonight and matt said it was one of his favorite things i've ever made :)

    ReplyDelete