Saturday, November 13, 2010

{Party Styling} Nicole's Baby Shower


I styled a special table for my long-time friend's {Nicole} baby shower this afternoon. Her requested color scheme was gray, white, a touch of silver and angels. I'm a simple stripes and polka dot girl who loves COLOR, so you can see how this presented me with quite a challenge!

Read on as I take you on a tour of the table I designed for this special little Mama-to-be...


Nicole requested cupcakes for dessert, so I ordered a combo of vanilla pound cake and red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of edible glitter on top. {Country Sweets in Woodbury made these DELICIOUS little bites of heaven. My mom ordered the same ones for my own baby shower and received a ton of compliments on them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!}.

I also made the cupcake toppers {Little Angel, Sweet Baby Boy, & Coming Soon ~ Jan. 2011}.


I borrowed these cute pregnant girl dressforms from my cousin's wife {Thanks, Kelly!}. I added some sparkly silver ribbon around each girl's waist to incorporate Nicole's requested touch of silver. Aren't they adorable?!


Okay, here was the real challenge: incorporating angels. I was pretty much convinced that I was not going to find anything with angels. I figured I'd stick to gray, white and silver and call it a day. I searched for fabric to use as a table cover for quite some time without much luck. My last hope was IKEA, and they came through BIG TIME! Not only did I find the fabric table cover, which is white, gray and has angels on it, but I also found the gray pillow above and some wrapping paper with silver angels on it! How lucky was that?!

I decided the pillow could serve double duty: 1. part of Nicole's gift 2. a backdrop for the table. I propped the pillow on an empty box that I covered in the silver angel wrapping paper.

{I find a lot of inspiration from fabric, and IKEA is one of my favorite places to look for it. They have a nice selection of unique and intersting colors/patterns right in their store}.


I also made Nicole some tip cards and guess-the-baby's-due-date cards. I used sphere glass bowls that I saved from my wedding centerpieces {you never know!!} as holding vessels for the cards once guests were done writing on them.

In addition, I added a chunky silver candle holder {also from IKEA and part of my Christmas fireplace mantle decor...future post!} with a lit white candle to add warmth {not literally, but to "warm" up all those cool colors I used} to the table.




I WISH I had listened to my own advice 8 months ago my own little angel made his entrance!!!


A pic of me and my fun-loving & spunky favorite who ALWAYS makes me laugh! So glad your little outgoing self showed up on my doorstep in socks and on a scooter 23 years ago ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment