Thursday, July 8, 2010

{Recipes} Fruit Thing


The other day my sister-in-law and her mom stopped over for a visit. They brought me a ton of yummy peaches, which has inspired this post. I knew I could never eat them all before they rotted, so I decided to bake something with them! Originally this recipe was called "Apple Thing" and made with apples; however, I swapped out the apples for peaches and blueberries since it's the summer and these fruits are plentiful. I'm sure plenty of other fruits would work too.


Ingredients:

~ 6-8 apples {I used 6 peaches and 2 pints of blueberries}
~ sugar and cinnamon {for sprinkling}
~ 1 cup sugar
~ 1 cup flour
~ 1 egg
~ 3/4 cup melted butter
~ 1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

~ Cut fruit and sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar in one bowl
~ Mix the sugar, flour, butter, egg, and vanilla with beaters in another bowl


~ Dump the fruit in a greased pie pan
~ Next, scoop the mixture on top {it doesn't have to be spread evenly across the top}


~ Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes {or until top is golden brown}


***I serve mine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Such an easy and delicious summer dessert!***

No comments:

Post a Comment