Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{Drinks} My Mom's Iced Tea


I love iced tea and always have. And let me clarify....I love homemade iced....none of that in-a-can stuff for me. My mom's has always been my favorite. When I tell you it's the best iced tea I've ever tasted, I'm not kidding. It's THE BEST....no joke. She uses a secret ingredient. Are you curious?!? Okay, okay! Here's what you'll need:

~ a pitcher
~ 6 black currant tea bags {the secret ingredient!}
~ 1 cup sugar
~ fresh mint


Boil your water in a teapot on the stove. Put your 6 black currant tea bags in your pitcher. Pour boiling water over the teabags and let it steep for approximately 20 minutes. If you leave the teabags in for too long, your tea will taste bitter. Add 1 cup sugar while tea is still hot so it dissolves easily. I have a mint plant in my backyard, so I add a sprig of fresh mint to my iced tea.

ENJOY! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment