Thursday, June 3, 2010

{Cooking} Awesome App!

Bo and I hosted a little dinner party for his new boss and some of his new co-workers this evening. It was casual....steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, asparagus, and salad. I also made a great little appetizer for our guests to munch on before dinner with a glass of wine. My friend Alyssa gave me this recipe, and I make it all the time!


Basil Crisps (not their official name, but my name for them)

Ingredients:
~ baguette
~ EVOO
~ spreadable gorgonzola cheese
~ fresh basil
~ honey

Directions:
Slice baguette and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and bake on 350 degrees for approximately 5-10 minutes (or until golden brown). Let baguette cool for a few minutes and then spread each slice with the gorgonzola cheese. Top each with a basil leaf. Lastly, arrange on a plate and drizzle each crisp with honey.

Everyone always raves about these, and they are incredibly easy to make; however, I recommend serving them warm. If they sit for too long, the baguette will get hard and cold. BUT, the combo of the honey with the gorgonzola and the basil....YUMMMM....it's such a refreshing appetizer (and not too heavy either). Try it at your next dinner party and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment