Saturday, February 20, 2010

{Decorating} Wall Art for the Nursery

I just added this wall art to the baby's nursery today!

Check out the super simple details below:

{Four 12 x 12 artist's canvases from Michaels or AC Moore}
{I choose two different fabrics that complimented the nursery from JoAnn's Fabric Store}
{Lay the canvas face down on the fabric (also face down). Leave enough extra around perimeter to wrap around edges.}
{Use a staple gun to secure the tightly wrapped fabric around the canvas}

That's all! You've got yourself some cute and inexpensive wall art!

This came to be when I was shopping in Crate & Barrel the other day and noticed all the pretty punches of color they had all over their store walls. After looking more closely, I realized it was just fabric fastened securely over canvas or corkboard and hung on the wall.

Ironically, I had purchased four artist's canvases a while ago, planning to paint something on them for the nursery. However, I changed my mind on the painting idea because I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to paint (not to mention I'm sure I would have messed something up!). Instead, after my C & B wall art siting, I bought cute fabric with stripes and polka dots and using a staple gun, attached the fabric. These are hanging over the changing table/dresser.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! Best of luck to you and your husband!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete