Thursday, July 2, 2009

Old Window = New Picture Frame {Before & After}




I love mixing old with new. As a matter of fact, that is the style I am going for in my home. It's a very old house, and I love it's old charm, but I also love modern conveniences such as new windows, appliances, furnishing and what not. So why not mix the two together?!
I've been dying to get my hands on an old window for a very long time. Finally my father-in-law gave me one that he had been saving and I began my picture frame project immediately! I wanted to display some of my wedding photos, so I sanded and painted the old frame black. Then I had my favorite wedding pics enlarged, and I cut them down to fit behind the glass panes in each of the six panels. I love the way it looks above the fireplace! The old window gives the frame an antiquey feel, but the new paint and pictures add that mix of newness - perfect combo!

1 comment: